View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2022, 14:04 (Ref:4124579)   #1278
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Having worked for many years in the energy industry I can tell you the cost associated with engineering an offshore wind complex is similar to that of a jacket and topsides. Mostly because two locations are never the same. Also as the companies are discovering, the standardised tubular foundations only work at shallow depths. They need vast amoounts of concrete to fix turbines where the depths (and ground conditions) require it. Then there's the cabling etc. The model only works because of subsidies. And yes Oil and Gas are subsidies but not so they produce more fuel, but to help them develop green energy solutions.

Have a look at: https://assets.publishing.service.go...Brief_2021.pdf it shows wind and other renewables providing 41% of the total requirement in 2021. And don't forget this isn't in concert with oil gas and others, it's intermittent meaning the need to keep gas on standby is expensive.

Argue as much as you like but renewables in their current development are failing.