View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2004, 14:25 (Ref:921265)   #2
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, zero, this is hardly a silly escapade, and really, you should give a damn, because this could be the beginning of the end for Newman-Hass racing in CART.

Whether you like it or not, or care to admit it, the Indy 500 is still THE race to be seen in, and its easily the most important open wheel race in the world. The fact that Hass wants to be there, against the wishes of his partner, does not bode well for Newman-Hass Racing. Racing at Indy will give both Hass and Bruno, an IRL option, should OWRS go under or fail to produce a series thats even worth being a part of. Bruno already showed interest in the IRL, when he showed up at Phoenix during testing.

Your series already lost some heavy hitters, that I'm sure wasn't expected. So don't be to cavalier about Hass's Indy effort. It could lead to another defection, and another smart business move...

Danica Patrick