View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2004, 17:37 (Ref:923104)   #9
zerO
Veteran

zerO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
Well, zero, this is hardly a silly escapade, and really, you should give a damn, because this could be the beginning of the end for Newman-Hass racing in CART.

Whether you like it or not, or care to admit it, the Indy 500 is still THE race to be seen in, and its easily the most important open wheel race in the world. The fact that Hass wants to be there, against the wishes of his partner, does not bode well for Newman-Hass Racing. Racing at Indy will give both Hass and Bruno, an IRL option, should OWRS go under or fail to produce a series thats even worth being a part of. Bruno already showed interest in the IRL, when he showed up at Phoenix during testing.

Your series already lost some heavy hitters, that I'm sure wasn't expected. So don't be to cavalier about Hass's Indy effort. It could lead to another defection, and another smart business move...

Actually I'm pretty sure that next year we will see Haas in IRL on full-time basis - this speculation has been around for quite some time and is expected, it isn't going to be any shocker when it happens and is irrelevant as to whether CART/OWRS succeeds this year or not. And Paul Newman is very well aware of this and am pretty confindent that he has a contingency plan all set - Mario Andretti's name comes to mind here.

Although I've said "I don't care", ofcourse I do, otherwise why would I write that post, what I mean is that it won't be a huge loss nor hurt to CCWS - Paul Newman is fully capable of carrying this team through (I think).

zerO