View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2004, 21:55 (Ref:923392)   #12
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by zerO
Actually I'm pretty sure that next year we will see Haas in IRL on full-time basis - this speculation has been around for quite some time and is expected, it isn't going to be any shocker when it happens and is irrelevant as to whether CART/OWRS succeeds this year or not. And Paul Newman is very well aware of this and am pretty confindent that he has a contingency plan all set - Mario Andretti's name comes to mind here.

Although I've said "I don't care", ofcourse I do, otherwise why would I write that post, what I mean is that it won't be a huge loss nor hurt to CCWS - Paul Newman is fully capable of carrying this team through (I think).

zerO
Hmmm, you really think there will be a 2005 season for OWRS?

Well, if you lose Hass, it will be another crippling blow, in a string of many. Remember, your placing all of your faith on a 79 year old man(God Bless him!)Paul Newman. He could just call it quits at anytime, and as for Mario stepping in, I doubt it. Hasn't he always said he's not big on the business side of racing?

Danica Patrick