Old 28 Jul 2019, 20:56 (Ref:3920117)   #632
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
72 GT3 cars at Spa = wonderful spectacle, terrible race. Just as expected.
I apologise for doubting that you were there!
Fair play to you - think that you even managed to walk further than I did! But I think that I might have way more images to sort through when i get home tomorrow!

I am less worried about the FCY/SC issue than some - I understand purists views but for me I just love the whole show.

Friends often ask me - how can it be better the F1? - really??? - more overtaking in one lap then the whole of an F1 race! Probably 100+ of the best sports car drivers in the world in one place actually racing each other in near identical machinery! What more could you want?

I know John Watson is not to everybody's taste but I really enjoyed the live feed throughout the weekend and the fact that I could keep up with the race wherever I was, helped no end. I thought overall, there was plenty of info provided, and the availability of 'live', accurate timing kept you constantly up to date. What the hell did we do before it?

For a slightly different view on the whole show - my wife comes with me every year, and in January this year she asked me BEFORE i had broached the subject, which week she should book off work for Spa and we are going aren't we! She covers the whole week with me, taking almost as many images as I do and enjoys the whole vibe - she feels that it's 'just right'. As someone who isn't as 'aware' as maybe we are the whole debate about the FCY/SC, it just passes her by - 'well, that's what they do isn't it' was her comment when I suggested that many people don't like it!

Regarding the circuit this year, I discovered an area that I had always considered 'off limits' - parking at 'Karting' and walking back under the tunnel and turning left and walking anti-clockwise around to the inside of Pouhon - some great views and photo opps to be had - spent the last three hours around this area.

Apologies for the length of this - just had dinner and a beer or two and wanted to try to tell people who didn't get the chance to be at Spa - BOOK IT FOR NEXT YEAR! - Just the best weekend of the whole racing year!

Hope everybody who made it has a safe trip home and that you have all finally dried out!