View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2019, 18:27 (Ref:3924712)   #6617
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Do not forget that they also used to have a "safeguard" half a second margin.

-- The 0.25 percent advantage, which is equivalent to half a second at Le Mans. Vasselon described the half-second as "a kind of safeguard" that reflected Toyota's perceived potential of the privateer cars for last year's race. "Now we do not need the safeguard; now we are down to zero," he said.

Anyway, surely in a conventional BoP formula, the hybrid advantage will always be absolute zero (unless AMR doesn't show up for the first year, then I reckon it'll get political bop boosts against the privateers)
Which wasn't even needed because none of them were within a second, but come 2019's LM24 and it was an entirely different story. I don't expect anything to change in Toyota being the fastest but I do think it will be as close as the last round of qualifying.