Thread: Rumours 2022 Silly Season
View Single Post
Old 5 Aug 2021, 14:02 (Ref:4065482)   #147
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Any scenarios in which Mercedes would want Stroll in the car next year seems to be a real stretch of the imagination. I see many more reasons for it to not happen.

Why not just keep Bottas? Does anyone really think Stroll would do a better job than Bottas is now? Why would Stroll Sr. fund one team and then (probably) pay to have his son in another (even if he is moved up the ladder)? Is the Aston holding back Stroll and only his true potential can be exposed in the Mercedes? I don't think so. What would Mercedes get out of this? I see only downsides for them short of maybe a tiny cost savings.

Richard