View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 2021, 23:30 (Ref:4082496)   #5
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
[QUOTE=midgetman;4082340]Motor racing is no more expensive now than it has ever been. It always.cost all your money and just a little bit more.

Another problem is fewer people want to do it. My local car club centre has been cancelling events left right and centre because of a lack of entries.]

I beg to differ regarding costs.
When I started back in the 60s the regulations were nothing like they are now, we didn't have to buy official racing overalls/foot ware /special crash helmets/fire extinguishers and 6 point harnesses with a life that you had to renew every now and then or medicals for a race licence, also when I was a red top hot rod driver in the late 60s early70s we were paid to race with appearance money and if it was an abroad meeting we had the ferry paid for as well.
Even down to the tow vehicle we could use a small car or van legally until all the regulations changed regarding train weights. OK it has made things safer but a lot more expensive IMHO
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !