Thread: Tyres
View Single Post
Old 4 Jan 2022, 18:48 (Ref:4092482)   #5
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Of course, all on track activity and green efforts are insignificant when compared with the hundreds of thousands of road & air miles transporting the circus around the globe and the travel arrangements of the hundreds of thousands of spectators who turn up to watch the races.
Yes. Many people (particularly those who are not in favor of any green initiatives) are rankled by this ironic fact and try to use that to argue the pointlessness of it all. But they are missing the bigger picture that in the end, for the most part, "green" and "road relevancy" efforts are about the marketing side of things and less about the "real impact within F1". Look here, but don't look at what is off screen. This is not an "ends justifies the means" argument, but just the cost of doing business. It is a "perception is reality" type of thing. If F1 "looks" to be green, then it "is" green from the perspective of an average citizen of the world. And F1 is not the only thing in the world that has some type of hypocrisy going on.

Sorry if this comes across as overly negative or cynical as that is not how I view it. I actually just think this is an honest view of how things work. The world is not black and white. It is shades of grey. It's messy. Even if we want it to be pure.

Richard