View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2019, 23:58 (Ref:3916069)   #5
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I haven't seen it but presumably they get the same benefits that license holders do? So some savings on tickets etc.

The MSA was long maligned for being old hat and not caring about license holders. Now they've gone for a rebrand and are looking to change the image and what they provide, they're being shot down for that too. Everything they're changing is being met with cynicism.

Given all the other dealings I've had with Motorsport UK since the new change is positive, so I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt. Licensing is simple, permits are swift, there's ongoing consultation about simplification of regs (and possibly relaxing them in some areas).

The new chairman is a real breath of fresh air, at the beginning of May I was competing at a Nat B clubman hillclimb and David Richards flew in to have a look around. Okay he wasn't there for long, and he happened to come in a helicopter and it was on his way home, but I never saw that from Alan Gow. A few weeks later David was at Santa Pod, again, not something Mr Gow seemed to bother with. Are we likely to see Dave Richards in a pro-mod any time soon? I doubt it. But it's a demonstration that he at least has interest in multiple areas of the sport, not just tin tops banging doors.

There are several other stories I've heard about the regime change that have had an influence on my opinion, but it all means that I'm waiting to see how it all plays out. Any real change isn't going to be quick, but most of what I've seen is in the right direction.

Apologies for the unrequested and largely unrelated rant, it's late, I've been drinking and I've seen a lot of stuff unreasonably complaining about Motorsport UK recently.