View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2019, 15:58 (Ref:3944573)   #118
pomracer
Racer

pomracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I think disc brakes were homologated from February '66, vented front, solid rear, center lock wheels.
You could contact PA directly as said above they have special accommodations for some cars, including the 'Vette. I'm sure we had discs all round but it was in 2007/2008, équipage Dumas and me.
May you'll find evidences of car using a big block and four discs entered in an international event but any bit must have been legally used…
You can also run a '66 car and have it accepted in the invitation class.
I think its a really enjoyable car even though its really hard to stop…
To the question what are you missing, my answer is nothing!
To race in pre 66, Period F, you need a "1965" spec car which was homologated with (vented) disc brakes all round, and the 396 cubic inch big block engine, NOT the 427. The car was homologated with a "big tank" fuel tank which is further forward and helps weight distribution.
Talking of which, whatever you do with the fibreglass body you cannot get them below a certain weight as the chassis is substantial, but you can extract quite a lot of power out of the 396 these days.
Beware some cars run the incorrect 67 hood/bonnet, and of course incorrect engine.
I cannot remember the homologation number, but there are two if not three sets of different homologation papers on the FIA database including the earlier '63 split rear window car with 327 cu inch and drum brakes, so it is easy to get confused.