Thread: ELMS ELMS Discussion
View Single Post
Old 22 Aug 2019, 13:29 (Ref:3923746)   #240
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Let's not beat about the bush here; the justifications given at the time the chassis limitation was proposed were dubious at best, particularly because they were announced after the LMP2 chassis market had come out of its growing pains and was offering genuine choice while adhering to the cost cap.

I realise it will only ever be a thought exercise, but I wonder how the real-terms spend on chassis now compares to then - given that this was the one of the main reasons given by the ACO to support the restriction.
I think one of the other justifications was that it wasn't sustainable to have lots of constructors only building a couple of cars each. All very well if you are one of the selected constructors (unless you build a Riley/Multimatic Mobile Chicane Mk30). Same for the engine builders but that just kills the ones that don't get chosen.