View Single Post
Old 7 Oct 2018, 15:33 (Ref:3855253)   #42
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one-two View Post
I wonder if there was a case for deploying the safety car earlier in the GTSCC and attempting a limited dressing of the oil? Even a partially successful effort would have drawn attention to the hazard it posed. A tricky one for race control
Yes. Tricky call. First time I reached the scene after the incident the led display at the end of the pit lane said ‘Slippery Surface’, and you could see the oil. If you kept to the right through Folly, there was no problem, but two cars side by side meant the outer one having to cross the trail. I warned Simon during our driver change to keep to the right, but if others didn’t do the same the second driver would likely find out the hard way! I watched a couple of cars get crossed up on their first time though, then next lap keep to the right......