View Single Post
Old 7 Jul 2019, 20:17 (Ref:3916390)   #99
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here's a question for the Clerks on here.

Karting today my driver was chasing the field after an early off. Going down to a hairpin/loop type of thing someone several seconds up the road went off, careered across the infield and rejoined after the hairpin at walking pace having missed out the corner.

My driver went round the corner properly, came upon the miscreant and a yellow flag so braked sharply, back to walking pace, so the offender managed to pull away and block into the next corner.

1. Could he have legitimately have overtaken the "recovering" kart under yellow flag? Would he have been penalised for doing so?

2. Should it have been a white flag shown instead of yellow?

On a related point two of my drivers were called to the office because one was accused of overtaking the other under yellow. The "overtaken" driver, barely eight years old,, when presented with the evidence, calmly told the stewards the "the other driver is my team mate and he's faster than me so I pulled over and waved him by." By all accounts the drivers were ushered out so the clerks could stop laughing, at which point they were recalled - "no case to answer."

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk