View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2012, 17:56 (Ref:3017394)   #11
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Sorry, most boring thing I have ever watched in my life! For some reason in this world it is held up as the "event of events". I dont get it, never have. I can see the appeal as a driver I suppose, but as a fan? Any time you have to spend in the worlds most expensive and unfriendly country is not sacre bleu, it's sacri-lege!

Now Nurburgring 24H race, that is a challenge! or Dakar. Or Bathurst endurance.
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

I know everyone has their horses for courses, but I was amused by the Dakar reference. Someone on/in a bike/4x4/truck hurtling along a stretch of desert, on their own, surrounded by *nothing* is more interesting than LeMans? But then what I know? A lot of people like golf.

I think it has it's stature based on it's probably the longest running motorsport event ever and has been run pretty much since the dawn of the motor car. I guess you could consider it the motorsport version of the Olympics.

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic