View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2018, 11:52 (Ref:3808846)   #41
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah i was wondering how long it be before sumone mentioned the mini busses. I got there at about 8:30, expecting to see a shuttle bus system similar to other events like the WEC, Classic and Ferrari Race days in place were it picks you up just inside the main gate and goes to the wing and then back.

But what i found was nothing! when i asked the lad who was selling tickets on the gate what was going on, he was told that the bus would only run once the internal car parks were full and not until then. So I was the first or certainly one of the first who had to walk round the bottom half to the circuit and over the hanger bridge to get there!

Once i got to the Stowe building, I asked a women who was in there who was in charge and when I explained what had happened she was genuinely sorry and got me sumone to speak too. I wish I had got his name as he was the most unhelpful and arrogant person I have spoken to in a long time.

After again explaining the problem, his response was " Well most people turn up in cars" ! Then I asked what happens when the car parks are full, he then admitted that the plan I was told by the lad on the gate was correct. During which time he also said the busses were running but from internal car park to the wing!

My next question was what happens at the end of the day, I would i get back to the main gate and he said to come and find him and he would organise transport. When i pointed out that would be fine for me, but what happens if 10, 100, 500 people needed the same he said that it would be sorted!

So that was how my day started.

Also when the World RX arrives, i would suspect that the Stowe building will be closed to the public as the TV camera for yesterday was on the open balcony and they wont want too many people near it, also the open balcony would be a very nice place for the VIP's to have the champagne and fancy food while having the best view for the jump.