Thread: FIA HTP
View Single Post
Old 18 Jan 2013, 15:13 (Ref:3191119)   #25
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I have just had a good read through the regs of HSCC and they simply make it impossible to race my 2nd gen there as there are some strange anomolies. On the one hand I would have to use the sliding calipers as opposed to the two pots if it was an earlier model and on the other hand the earlier model can weigh in at 1200 odd kilos whereas the 2nd gen has to weigh a massive 1550kgs. Just where is the logic in that they both have the same engine and transmissions and suspensions. I wanted to find somewhere else the 2nd gen could run reasonably competively now Post Historics is no more but they have clearly decided to not allow the model, the 1550kgs is more than the thing weighed new at least the early 2nd gens without federal bumpers. In this age of austerity I would have thought some flexing of the regs would be in everyones interest even if was only being allowed to modify and fit parts from earlier models. Brakes are a safety aspect of a race car, the standard ones fade and are dangerous especially with another 100kgs in ballast to lug around I would have to run to bring it up to spec so its a no no, keep looking.