View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2020, 06:26 (Ref:3995881)   #390
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Car Watch reports Masahiro Saiki (Honda Large project leader) interview.
https://car.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1270976.html

Q. Any difference between 1st round and 2nd round?
*In the 1st round, we had a problem in the race pace.
But I don't know this problem has been solved in 2nd round result. We will analysis race data and examine a direction of race set-up.

Q. Did you find a satisfactory vehicle setup?
*#100 and #8's set-up in 1st round is not suitable for long runs, so this time we changed the tire selection as well.
*The situation in which the top speed is inferior to the GR Supra remains unchanged.
*Therefore, it is a problem that was found in this race that it takes time to get out when entering the traffic.
*We are fast in single run, but slow down when we are in the traffic.
*I was surprised that #8 and #17 were able to escape from the rivals early in the race. This time, I found that we could run faster in a single run.

Q. Has your understanding of the vehicle deepened?
*I would like to collect and scrutinize the data obtained in this race.
*It's positive that all five cars finished the race, but there are still many things to improve.

Q. How confident are you about the Suzuka Round?
*Suzuka is not a circuit where top speed is as important as Fuji.
*Therefore, we would like to prepare a machine suitable for its character.
*However, since it is the first year of new machine, the result cannot be known unless you race.