View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 2019, 07:51 (Ref:3914378)   #1
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
888 not profitable?

https://autoaction.com.au/2019/06/27...not-profitable

Roland Dane says:
Quote:
I can tell you that last year and this year are break-even years for us. ... I’m neither willing nor able to subsidise the team for any length of time, so the team has to be able to stand up on its own two feet. The viability of the pit lane does concern me very much and it always has done.
It seems bizarre Dane is saying this when there are so many places he could cut costs, if he so wished:
  • They have two A-level drivers. This is expensive. They could replace the second A-level driver with a low-paid rookie or a pay driver.
  • They admit they are currently doing a "development drive". Development costs money. 888 could save money by following Kelly Racing's example and doing minimal development while racing 5-year-old cars.
  • They have expensive Bathurst-winner co-drivers, instead of using cheap rookies for co-drivers.

It's utterly bizarre for 888 to complain about costs, yet make so little effort to cut costs!!??