View Single Post
Old 29 Jun 2019, 19:55 (Ref:3914829)   #5
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
The problem is that it attracts fans,as opposed to died in the wool enthusiasts, and has done so ever since it became a made for TV soap opera . That means silly tribalism , conspiracies and childish spats between rival factions, few of whom actually watch races (of any sort ) from trackside . F1 is a TV reality show.

I love motor sport , including but absolutely not confined to F1 , and I believe it is a very broad church - from club racing and speed events to rallying and single seater racing.

I have watched the sport for 50 years - and all I want is a good race, never really fussed who wins.

I can whinge , of course , so don't get me started on the simply obscene cost of F1 , the absurd leverage manufacturers have and the fact that F 1 consorts with some very shady regimes . I wouldn't be paid to attend races in totalitarian hell holes like the UAE or Azerbaijan , for example .