View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2017, 09:09 (Ref:3773617)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
It's only a consultation document, asking for input.
This is just a starting point with some suggestions for the areas it should cover.
It will be passed back and forth over many years with suggestions and amendments being made to it by the elected representatives (governments).
This is a little niaive if you will forgive me. This is as you say a consultation document, the "only" bit suggests that there is no intention to take it further unless there are compelling reasons. How about this? Green activists will be pleased to find any reason to stop, what they see as a waste of rescources at best, and an environmentally unfriendy pursuit at worst.

Quote:
Any final directive will have to be approved by all member states and will include their changes before each country then incorporates it into their own laws (the EU do not make laws).
Given the effects on motorsport businesses throughout the EU that aspect will disappear.
I'm not entirely sure where the majority approach to the introduction of a directive comes from, unless you believe that countries still have sovereignty over their laws. It certainly has not been applied to things such as light bulbs, vacuum cleaner power etc. What makes anyone think this would be different? Also the ECJ has ruled on a case which was then applied to the Dutch court rulings. Ergo the EU Commission is trying to standardise the approach and can do so by this directive.

Quote:
They are clearly looking at the impact of so called driverless cars and the potential claims resulting from when they go wrong and there have been issues with un-registered vehicles (e.g. agricultural etc.) operating in public areas which need to be investigated.
That may be so, but I'm afraid for all the reasons above and experience (most recently with a construction project), the EU will take the views of the various countries, then make up their minds for them.

This initiative is attempting to put some logic into what is obviously a case of "straight bananas".