View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2019, 22:10 (Ref:3883396)   #1654
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Yes remember that weekend well . I had a car over in Zandvoort and had to fly back and forwards to Thruxton . I was also really sick with a bug . I always say to people when your in a bad situation that it will make a good story one day .
It was a memorable weekend, largely because of the temperature which Mrs M frequently mentions as a means of reminding me of her selfless devotion to motorsport, also because on arrival I found the bizarre sight of Iain leaping up and down 10 feet in the air on the tail lift trying to dislodge it so the E-type could be lowered - was it you Mike who was in the car looking ashen faced at the prospect of a rapid descent? I think it might have been. Also memorable from a personal viewpoint as I think I managed to get within a decimal point or two of Iain's best lap time, I didn't know he was cheating by using a tummy bug to achieve more urgent progress! Among all this excitement, the Murray thing went unoticed by me until now. Great photo😀