View Single Post
Old 12 Mar 2022, 13:01 (Ref:4102218)   #1035
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Of course. Thanks. I have let my level of geeky knowledge slip. This is the kind of thing I would have known years ago.
I was a bit surprised you missed that year - given that you mentioned 'Kazuki Nakajima and Nico Rosberg at Williams from 2007 to 2009' in your original post.

For reference, the following are the F1 sons I can recall (including first year of entry):
Tim Parnell - 1959
Theodore "Teddy" Pilette - 1974
David Brabham - 1990
Michael Andretti - 1993
Christian Fittipaldi - 1992
Damon Hill - 1992
Jacques Villeneuve - 1996
Nico Rosberg - 2006
Markus Winkelhock - 2007
Kazuki Nakajima - 2007
Nelson Piquet - 2008
Kevin Magnussen - 2014
Max Verstappen - 2015
Jolyon Palmer - 2016

Which also means that:
1993 saw Damon Hill, Michael Andretti and Christian Fittipaldi.
1994 had Damon Hill, David Brabham and Christian Fittipaldi.
2015 (race one) had Kevin Magnussen, Max Verstappen and Nico Rosberg.
and during the 2007 season (but not at the same time) Nico Rosberg, Kazuki Nakajima and Markus Winkelhock.

The record though is (I think) four sons of former F1 drivers in 2016. Kevin Magnussen, Jolyon Palmer, Nico Rosberg and Max Verstappen.