View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2012, 14:05 (Ref:3020317)   #10
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNWRF01 View Post
some of your numbers sound crazy. Set up costs are operational costs are very different.

To set up a nice BARC Renault team - work on £30k for cars / £20k for nice truck and kit (lets be honest - most BARC teams are no where near this) / and to set up the workshop - well most of your kit lives on the truck - and having a load of Dura cabs to look nice for sponsors is a load of B/S - you can use second hand kitchen units to store stuff!!

Biggest issue is premises rent/insurance/rates - labour is pretty cheap (decent BARC guys c£150 a day)...

So overall - count on say £50k tops to get going - and prob a few grand a month overheads to turn the lights on and off..

We ran a successful F4 team in 2008 on this basis - two good cars + nice truck and premises at Snett - so prices may have changed a bit - but prob not too much.
You would struggle to get 2 cars for £30k. Most good cars will be going for £25k each in BARC spec so I would think start up costs for 2 cars would be close to £100,000. I have seen on twitter some teams quoting £30k for a season in BARC....Not sure how those numbers at up as entrys, testing fees and tyres must be close to that.....

I wouldnt do it as a means to making money......you might scratch a living at that level but I am sure there are better ways to spend £100k if you have it!!