Thread: Pierre Veyron
View Single Post
Old 26 Oct 2001, 18:25 (Ref:165952)   #2
Aysedasi
2022?
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
According to the info available to me, Veyron partnered 1937 Le Mans winner Wimille in a Type 57 Bugatti at Le Mans in 1939. The "Tank" had a 3.3 litre Roots supercharged engine. Veyron had taken part in 4 previous Le Mans, but failed to finish in each of those races. I don't know which years he raced in.

In '39, the Delage of Gerard and Monneret led through most of the night but suffered engine problems (probably the result of a broken valve spring). The Bugatti took the lead while the Delage was in the pits and maintained this to the flag, the Delage still managing to finish second. The Bugatti (the driving of which is credited largely to Wimille in most records) beat the 1937 record, with a distance completed of 2084.54 miles at an average speed of 86.86 mph.

Aside from this, I know nothing at all about Veyron, although I will have another scout around for you.