View Single Post
Old 4 Jun 2021, 13:27 (Ref:4054598)   #3
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Do we think that there's really enough of a market for this and World RX?
If NRX is going down a similar line to the X-Games rallycross Championship - and World Rallycross continues to be more "traditional" - then I think there could still be room for both.

NRX certainly seems to be attracting more attention at the moment, whereas World RX news is incredibly thin on the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Max Pucher's grand plans for a rival seemed to fade away but Nitro RX has a bit more behind it and I guess appeals to a wider market a bit better?
I believe Pucher has put a bid in to run the Euros next year, so I wonder if the future of Titans depends on the success (or failure) of that effort?

Perhaps it is an outdated/unfair view, but the NRX tracks still make me uneasy. X-Games had several "near misses" with big crashes from ACP, Topi and Gronholm, plus you have the Scott Speed incident last year. Can't help but feel that the emphasis on spectacle is comes with a massively increased risk to drivers... but all motorsport is dangerous and maybe my view isn't objective.