View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2004, 12:17 (Ref:857496)   #1
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie: Imola To Stage Last GP

"Imola is at its last edition: from 2005 it'll be out of the calendar. So Italy will have only one race," Ecclestone told Italy's sports newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport.

"From next year Turkey will be on the calendar," He continued. "With Korea there's already an agreement starting from 2009. But before then we'll have a World Championship race in India. The only problem with several races in Asia is the time difference for live TV in Europe. But from 2004 we predict the number of Chinese spectators will already be the same as the entire European audience.

"Germany will carry on with two: just last Wednesday we've reached a new agreement for the Nurburgring. After all, the presence of the German industry in F1 is still very important.

"I can't see a future for Silverstone either, as it's like an old house which allows itself only some touching up: an access road, a parking lot. Big deal! It needs serious reconstruction, but the current owners are not willing to finance it."

"We could easily get to 20," he said.

Complete story at Atlas F1-pay and most other sites I suppose

Seems like Imola and Silverstone are on the go, but he's said this 10 million times, too...