View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2017, 05:22 (Ref:3740405)   #54
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Yeah, that's why teams loved going to Sau Paulo Whilst the FIA and ACO contribute massively to freight, lets not pretend that it's cheaper to fly to Bahrain than it is to pop down the road at Germany (or round the corner in some teams cases).

You can call it unsubstantiated nonsense if you want, but it's just fine to say "I like the tracks in the middle east". Trying to justify it with "It's a WORLD championship!", when it's already an area that's represented, and "But you don't KNOW what a Tilke track will be like" is ridiculous. It's fine to say you like it, but come on? Who are we fooling here?

My point: I don't like seeing series bending over for vanity projects for oil rich countries in unstable regions, especially when the circuit itself is just another stamped out Tilke track. If you disagree, cool. But don't tell me it's a world championship and Tilke has a great track record (see that pun? How good is that? Better than a Tilke track for sure), because that's just unsubstantiated nonsense.
How is the area represented already if the track in question (Kuwait) would be a replacement for Bahrain? Did you misread and think they were trying to get an additional Middle East race? It sounds like you're the one trying to justify your argument instead of the opposite. Yes, it is a WORLD championship. To me it sounds like you think they should just skip the Middle East because it's 'far away' from the base of the teams in Europe? If traveling the world is a problem for teams, they can always run ELMS. Maybe they should skip Japan, China and America too; they're even further away. Even worse, they're all run on Tilke tracks as well, and you know exactly how those races always play out. And here I thought I was being ridiculous!