View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 2017, 04:55 (Ref:3750616)   #34
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Oi! Don't be cheeky!

My post simply noted that Vettel was not guilty of driving too slowly. Indeed he was driving too fast and thus ran into the back of another car.

The difference between myself and virtually every other person on the planet, is that I consider the whole affair nothing but a mild spat, and barely worth a mention. To me the banging of wheels seemed relatively innocuous in the great scheme of things, far worse happens while cars are at racing speed.

I genuinely believe that Hamilton 'engineered' the situation by driving at a very slow pace under the circumstances hoping that by bunching up the field he would give those behind him problems at the restart. This is, of course, what every driver does under the safety car rules, so I am not making a case against Lewis. Certainly it would have been better had Seb not lost his rag, but he did believe that he had been brake tested. Wrongly as it turned out.

So while I do not disagree about the basic causes of the incident, I just find it incredible that it has stirred up such a storm of outrage.

I first became aware of Formula 1 in 1951, when I saw reports in an Autocar magazine that a neighbour gave me to put on a bonfire. (I still have the pictures in a scrap book). By 1952 I was completely hooked, and buying the magazine for myself, so I have been around for a long time, and seen a lot.

The Baku Incident rates hardly at all on my list of dodgy driving.

I rest my case. With apologies that I cannot get incensed by the affair.

Cheers,

Bauble
Grr...... I asked this earlier and got an answer that I was wrong about the whole "red mist" phrase being sexist, which I totally agree with. Then here this is..... Is this a phrase lost in translation to this dumb "murricans" mind or what? Not that I want to be "pc policing" anything, as I don't care, but I'm trying to figure out exactly the meaning this is referring to, since I've had it explained to me one way but explained on here to me in a better, more decent way.