Thread: Team Honda in F1
View Single Post
Old 2 Jul 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3915540)   #90
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
in fairness, when i look back on this thread i see many posts about whether or not Honda deserve more or less credit or more or less blame...aside from ranking things being inherent in sports i would also say ranking Honda's performance (regardless of whether its comparing them to their competitors or comparing their input relative to its partners) is inherent to this thread.

so i do not agree that suggesting one part of the equation was more important than another part of the equation (and only for the purpose of describing this one race) is out of character for this thread.

of course i could be wrong about that so perhaps these posts could be moved to another thread because i do feel like there are some other interesting questions here...

beyond the normal team vs individual sport question, are there drives you, me, anyone else thinks are wins which come down more for driver, down to the machinery, or is it always a more equal combination of all the partners.

i imagine there are a great number of examples to support all positions here and maybe some great races of the past which we can call attention to?