View Single Post
Old 3 May 2006, 10:44 (Ref:1599954)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
1:18 and 1:24 Juan Pablo Montoya Models

Had fair bit of trouble over the last 12-18 months getting hold of any of Montoya's Williams models in 1:18 scale.

My fiancee had tried to buy one (either 2003/04) and had found on most of the leading websites stores that they were out of stock, or the product's production had run out. She reckons they were on ebay for as much as £100 quid?

Whilst opinions vary on how good he is, he is evidently a very popular driver in the merchandise stakes.

Suffice to say I was delighted to find a Minichamps FW25 2003, 1st Edition in a large toy shop whilst in Germany recently at a bargain price 40 Euros! (effectively £25 quid)

I decided to take it back in my back pack to protect it from getting bashed about in luggage. Caused great amusement coming through check in controls on way back - Baden Baden airport staff could see the chassis on their 3D screen but hadn't a clue what it was!! I think they thought it was a gun!!!

Anyway has anyone else had difficulty obtaining JPM cars and how have you got hold of them?