View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2018, 13:23 (Ref:3794527)   #66
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Whoa, I didn't realize y'all were ballers. I don't know anyone that has a semi (I thought you all called them lorries) and I've wanted a W900 since I was 5. How come there's not a thread for that??

Are they used for work and fun? I ask because the hard core racers I see and meet here max out with 1-1.5 ton pickups and gooseneck haulers. The big rigs are usually reserved for the track services companies.
i drive someone elses, does that make me a baller too?

lorries/semis tend to be used only by those with more than one car to transport around, or like you say, by the service companies and teams. anything without a bend in the middle is much more common. but anything over 3.5tonnes can get a little complex to own and run from a paperwork perspective, plus for anyone under the age of 40 usually it needs an extra driving test too. bear in mind our semis aren't strictly as cool as yours too, they've all had their noses chopped off

i work for a service company, and we have everything from 3.5tonne vans up to like, 15 or so artics and trailers that generally max out at about 35tonnes.

bringing this back on topic, i can tell you that as ex-fleet hand-me-downs, none of them have anything at all that could be considered unnecessary, they don't even have a second bunk