View Single Post
Old 23 Sep 2018, 14:49 (Ref:3852199)   #69
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
I don't know what you're definition of a race is. I've always thought, and still do, that it is where competitors start, travel a certain distance or time, and whoever completes that distance first, or the most distance first in that time, is the winner; no matter how close or distant the next position is or how it was accomplished.

Newspeak I presume? To that, I don't subscribe.
JC, I think you and I both know what we mean and debating semantics is only ever going to be amusing for a limited time. Yes, you're definition is absolutely right, but leaves out everything between the green lights and the chequer. That's the bit I call 'the race'. Where competition takes place, where great drivers battle against each other for the edge on the track and yes, where strategy and technology has a part to play. Processions where competition doesn't actually take place, while technically still auto racing, don't get my heart pumping in the way they obviously do yours. It's not a problem for me, I'm happy that you enjoy it and revel in the technical and human excellence that is on display. But to infer that those who want to see racing (rather than an extreme take on Scalextric with most of the cars running in the same groove), have somehow go it wrong, no, I'm not buying into that one. And anyhow, that's my choice......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 23 Sep 2018 at 14:55.