View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2016, 09:06 (Ref:3618184)   #115
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
I have a lot of questions on TCR that I was hoping someone might be able to answer:
Well, I can try answer some of your questions, though I am not an insider, so everything I am writing should be available somewhere on the net/be deduced by common sense from available information. There are some people on here that are a bit more knowledgeable, so they should of course feel free to correct me!

Quote:
How do the regulations for building a car work?

Is it the manufacturers themselves or can independent teams build and then sell different models, so long as they have approval from the relevant manufacturer?
The series has - by Mr. Lotti's acknowledgement - been modeled after GT3, so I'd think that cars are either manufacturer-built (Seat, VW, Opel) or produced by manufacturer-approved tuners. For each model of car there can only be one tuner (though I'd think there would be some grandfathering should a manufacturer decide to take a project " in house" later on.)

Quote:
Am I correct in saying that only one model from one manufacturer can be present on the grid?
Just going by how things are done in GT3, I think there could be more than one model (as we have seen in GT3 with the Ford Mustang/GT and Lamborghini Gallardo/Huracan). It seems however rather unlikely to me since most manufacturers don't have too many different models that fit the series' homologation criteria and of course the manufacturer in question would need to approve it.

So to sum things up: There can only be one type of Opel Astra in the series, but one could build an Insignia if one could get the approval from Rüsselsheim.

Quote:
What are the real costings, not the idealistic ones (see NGTC), for either a: building or b: buying a car? Finally how "good", in the context of other series, are the running costs?
Most cars have an official sales price of around 100k €.... though I am not sure what exactly that gets you and how much more you'd have to spend on spares, etc. A lot also depends on which series you are running. International will have more expenses for travelling, if you do the Benelux-series with 140 minutes of racing per weekend, you'd spend a good deal more on consumables.

Edit: If you wanna do some further researching, the TCR-Benelux website has the spares catalog for the Civic and some information on engine maintenance cost for the Leon:
http://www.tcrbenelux.eu/docs.aspx