View Single Post
Old 21 Feb 2023, 14:35 (Ref:4144375)   #15
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
What is random is where the class leaders are will be so important I think. For example if the P2 leader is lapping close battling 4th and 5th place cars in the class. If it laps the 5th place car, SC comes out. 4th / 1st / 5th are together on the road. The 4th place car does a pass around, rejoins at the back, then gets filtered into the P2 dropback line. Ending up almost a lap ahead of trapped 5th place.

Have I got that right or am I missing something?
Sounds about right. Or wrong.

To your other point about three SC packs potentially splitting up an on track battle, it can also create an on track battle by wiping out the lead of a car that was some way ahead of a rival that ends up in the same pack.

As usual with these things, the more they insist it's about fairness etc, the more they manipulate the race, and so the more artificial it becomes.