View Single Post
Old 21 Feb 2023, 15:03 (Ref:4144377)   #17
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
As I said above, at best this is an acceptable consequence of making sure nobody directly loses out. At worst, it's the stated aim, in service of increasing the wheel-to-wheel action on track.
It HAS to have been the aim I think. Like I said in the other thread, it's with a view to trying to 'tweak' the product for TV. The ACO talked about trying to increase entertainment value without sacrificing the core product.

People will have different views about how much this damages the core product. For me it certainly damages the more purist nature of Le Mans. Hyperpole did the same thing but many people will say it's an improvement. Time will tell I guess.