View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 2023, 10:43 (Ref:4144489)   #25
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My hope is that we don't see a SC called when it could be a slow zone, now that the SC is essentially an 'entertainment mechanism'. I believe deep down that's why this rule has been changed. To close gaps and ensure better action on restarts.

And I mean that in the same way that you watch IMSA and there's that notion that 'a caution would make this interesting'. Obviously IMSA are tied into their process whatever the incident, but there's often a choice in ACO rules racing.

It might sound a bit tinfoil hat but we've literally seen it in other forms of motorsport.

BTW I believe the average number of safety cars since 2019 and the introduction of FCY is 4. If my annuals are correct (can't find this info on Alkamel?)