View Single Post
Old 2 Nov 2023, 11:51 (Ref:4184046)   #55
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Yeah, definitely. Intrigued to see the Megane back in action again. I still believe there is (or perhaps was) a lot of untapped potential in those cars, just wonder what the new owners can do with them.
There was certainly a lot of buzz about them when they were revealed - the inboard brakes were certainly an interesting feature (although presumably not that much of a step forward as we haven't seen that replicated by others).

Quote:
New to him...

...it was announced within the last week, so you're not that far behind!
Ah nice - I do like those Volvos. Ex Mertens car (assuming the name in the window is genuine) so it should be well sorted.

Quote:
Yeah. Saturday does look slightly less awful than the initial long range forecast was saying, but it is still shaping up to be a wet day.

I was hoping it would dry out for the night racing, as I thought that was much more spectacular in the dry. Good news is that Sunday appears to be dry though, so hopefully two days of racing this year.
Whilst I probably prefer rallycross in the wet I do feel sorry for Lydden as crappy weather may well reduce their income from the weekend and obviously they put a lot into this one. Hopefully anyone coming over from the continent gets here ok given all of the disruption at the moment.