View Single Post
Old 6 Feb 2019, 15:52 (Ref:3882255)   #6404
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Depends on the outcome of the test. It seems that also that Toyota are also doing that endurance test because of it being Sebring and it being hot down there compared to Europe and most of the US. In terms of competition, probably Rebellion. They haven't tested at Sebring yet, but the basic chassis and engine have with the Oreca LMP2 cars in testing and racing, even though the increased power and aero are still variables. The BR1 Dallaras haven't tested at Sebring, or tracks with similar characteristics (namely the bumps) as far as I know.

Such test did provide nearly bullet proof cars for Audi and Peugeot over the years. And I say nearly because Le Mans is still Le Mans.

Also, watching this video, I sort of forgot how pretty the sprint spec Toyota looks in comparison to a lot of other cars out there. Only the Rebellion R13 IMO looks as good.