Thread: BTCC Rd 16,17,18 Snetterton
View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 2016, 15:24 (Ref:3663250)   #140
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I would really like to believe that I am not naïve, let alone very naïve. However, the FIA's and MSA's book of regulations clearly state that road course circuit racing is no contact, which means no rubbing, whether that's door handles or love taps on the rear quarters of the car in front. And it certainly means no wheel banging in any discipline including F1.

It may add to the enjoyment of certain spectators and TV viewers, but it has no place in the classes of motor racing that we are discussing. The skill is in being able to pass other cars without touching, and that is, in my humble opinion, far more superior than getting past after knocking on every panel of the car in front. That doesn't require panache and finesse, any knucklehead can do it.

And possibly if Neal hadn't tried to dive into the pits from the opposite side of the track then Thruxton wouldn't have required the red flag; I don't think that that was bad luck, it was lack of judgement!
I see what you are saying, but penalising any form of contact in 3 short touring cars races of 30+ cars will be impossible IMHO. More drive throughs than racing.