Thread: SuperUtes
View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2016, 01:10 (Ref:3682629)   #49
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
As Mixer has pointed out in regard to CO2, the SuperUte would be the highest of the 3, so you have that 180 degrees wrong but I take his point that the difference is not that great.

I'm not that worried personally about CO2 but there are many who are and seeing a field of utes possible smoking around (bear in mind they'll have modified exhausts so may smoke less than a stock vehicle) may give them ammo to throw at the series and motor sport in general - that is my concern. It is a question of perception and in particular how the series might be perceived and used by those outside the sport.
yove misinterpreted what mixer said. he said it creates 10% more per litre used but uses less fuel. thats assuming things are equal

however a turbo diesel in a super ute, uses much less fuel that a v8 ute or a lambo.

so here is your numbers

A ford Ranger produces about 240g CO2 per Km, a Ford V8 ute produces about 320g perKM and a Gt3 lambo uses around 400g per KM

So moving to super utes will produce less CO2 than the utes currently run. that would be a win based on your theory

modern diesels have particle filters that significantly reduce particle particles. I suspect you will see very little balck smoke,