Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 2017, 11:01 (Ref:3751626)   #28
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
You are the man, Akrapovic!

I spent a couple of years listening to my Tesla owning friend, who spends a lot of time in the USA (and has been to the factory several times), and then decided most of the arguments I could think of for not owning an electric car had been answered. To me, it's a bit like buying a new phone or computer- if you keep waiting for the next level of technology, you'll never get one......

The re-cycling of 'used' batteries for storage, emergency or otherwise, is great and I'm sure will be increasingly adopted as the batteries become available. At the moment the USA is probably the only country where it can happen, due to their early adoption of hybrid and electric cars.

As an aside, Tesla will be announcing an electric HGV before too long, and Mitsubushi already have a small Canter truck with up to 60 mile range. Can't wait to see a full sized artic with pure electric tractor!