Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 1 Apr 2020, 05:34 (Ref:3967958)   #3801
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
FIA has CCTV of F1 wind tunnels and as new cars look different to current generation they can spot that. For CFD not too sure but they might need to report what data crunching they do???
Interesting regarding the tunnel monitoring. I was thinking more about CFD, etc. I think CFD time was moving to less monitoring, but can't remember. In the end, I suspect it's unlikely teams would try to circumvent in a significant way. No doubt they will be noodling ideas in their heads until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Further to this year's ban, teams are looking to a delay of the new rules until 2023.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...-delay-to-2023
It sounds like that the cost caps are still potentially in play. Frankly the best thing would be to...

1. Freeze any development toward the next technical regulations (now until cost caps are in place)
2. Implement cost caps. (2021 season and beyond)
3. Implement the new technical regulations (2022/2023 season and beyond)

This puts team on more even playing field going into 2022 or 2023.

Richard