Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 13 Apr 2020, 09:24 (Ref:3970538)   #3816
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest View Post
I want to see drivers fighting it out on-track.
I want that too, but overall I want racing.

If that means a team design a stupendously fast, light car with a tiny tank that can only do 10 laps before refueling, with another team designing a slightly slower car that can do the entire race distance on a single fill and doesn't need to stop for new boots, with them both coming together right at the end - why not?

That's the biggest change in recent decades for me. Random* drivers picking off the entire field in order to win because they've made an inspired design and strategy choice is one of the things that's missing.

But, I fear, this is just ending up as another one of those "what is F1" questions again...

*Excluding the current top cars which can do it to order.