View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2021, 14:11 (Ref:4046089)   #84
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well the Viper is not eligible, it's been out of production for multiple years now and zero plans to bring it back as it cost them money to sell each car they made. They would be better off using Ram trucks than the 20 plus year old platform that the pos Challenger/Charger is based on. And a short bed Ram might be smaller. Outside of that they make nothing even close by shape or design.

Ford does the minimum they can and Mustang GT4 is peanuts compared to making a true GT3. They aren't really interested in racing and not so interested in ICE and cars even in the future.

GM will likely end up with a GT3(ish) car but there's no way they will sell enough and have GM's full backing to make it a commercial success selling them.

Never mind that there are PLENTY of other options and yet you don't see the numbers. If the series was worth it people would race. But it does not appear the value is there. Blaming it on non-American cars makes no sense.

I think there is something to it. If GM came up with a Corvette C8 GT3 with customer support. I think it will bring lots of new playes into GT3. Probably from the GT4 and TCR ranks or even lower level prototypes. GM should back it, there is money to be made if they get enough customers and put in the effort to support that number. I thought initially that Laura Wontrop Klauser would open to this. Not sure now after the news of them wanting to just use a modified/BoP'd Corvette GTE for GTD Pro. I think a GT3 effort would be a great way for Laura to stamp her role and place as the new director.