View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 2021, 18:42 (Ref:4046776)   #85
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
I think there is something to it. If GM came up with a Corvette C8 GT3 with customer support. I think it will bring lots of new playes into GT3. Probably from the GT4 and TCR ranks or even lower level prototypes. GM should back it, there is money to be made if they get enough customers and put in the effort to support that number. I thought initially that Laura Wontrop Klauser would open to this. Not sure now after the news of them wanting to just use a modified/BoP'd Corvette GTE for GTD Pro. I think a GT3 effort would be a great way for Laura to stamp her role and place as the new director.
Because there is ZERO chance of them getting a GT3 homologated car done, tested, approved and certified prior to the start of 2022 year. There just isn't nearly enough time for that in the window needed.

Think the decision will come after the decision as to platform for LMDh. If they go Caddy or even Buick, WEC visits China usually and big market for Buick, expect a GT3 program or possibly a GTD homologation of a GT3ish car. If they go Corvette for LMDh, goodbye to the GT program I think.