View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 2018, 12:14 (Ref:3843551)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Jay, I’m guessing that the requirement for an FIA ‘Historic Technical Passport’ doesn’t come into the equation? If it were mine, and even if I didn’t need the above HTP to be able to race it, I would keep the car period correct. So either with drums all round or disc front, inboard drum rear. In the U.K. having drums all round can put the car in a different class to cars equipped with discs, so can be worthwhile. That may not apply in the US!

Obviously as the owner you can make any modifications you want, but personally, I’m always thinking of how saleable the car would be if I changed something fundamental. If fitting outboard rear drums, would it then be a major change for a subsequent owner if they wanted to change to period inboard?