Old 27 May 2016, 23:50 (Ref:3644984)   #6
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Maybe more dramatic at the end than I intended to sound, but I'd still prefer Mugello to this version of Monza, or the refurbished Imola.

Also, I wonder how much this change would impact the racing, in terms of changes to the preferred downforce level at the track (increased downforce probably). This might hurt overtaking into the first two chicanes even more. It might, slightly, help overtaking chances into the Variente Ascari. I think it would be relatively neutral in its effect on overtaking into Parabolica.
It might hurt overtaking into the new first chicane, but do you think there would be a reasonable chance of an overtake into the new T1 kink? With a straight so long, I think there would be plenty of cars slipstreaming and approaching the corner side by side. Once you have a significant part of your car alongside, you'd own the corner and the guy on the outside would have to back down. I think it would create some interesting on-track moments, and in the case of F1, free up DRS for use into Ascari and then again into Parabolica.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
What I miss in this all, is the removal of quite a few trees, necessary to create the required run off areas. It's not like Monza never had any trouble with the huggers...

Unless they plant new ones all over Curva Grande?
I think the plan is to use everything up to the outside edge of the Curva Grande racing surface as runoff for the new T1, and the area where the Curva Grande gravel runoff is now could be used for grandstands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Ok now this won't impress the the tree-huggers but I've elected for something a little more radical

The new turn one respects the arc of the old banking before straightening with 130-140m before the 90 degree left of T2.
T3 and 4 bring the cars back through an "S" onto the track at approximately the rejoin from the current chicane. perhaps the Southern most section of the Grandstand could be dismantled and built onto the North end.
Given the DRS, the car will have plenty of wing to help grip when accelerating out of the second part onto the short run into Curve Grande.
Ah, I don't like this! I think the first part could be interesting (A sweeper following the radius of the banking then a 90 degree-ish leftr turn) but I'm not a fan of the looping S-section. Perhaps if the track went straight through the forest after the 90 left and then a medium-high speed right linked back onto the Curva Grande?

**runs and hides**
Attached Thumbnails
monza idea.png   monza idea plan.png  

Last edited by SKG; 28 May 2016 at 00:16.