View Single Post
Old 22 Aug 2016, 19:35 (Ref:3667080)   #8
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
You guys know me already (for better or worse). Hopefully he won't mind, but let me take a moment to introduce my friend Madkart (Christian is his real name) to you guys.

Christian is part of my "super racing junky" group of friends who gets together with me to watch all of the WEC races and other endurance races (Bathurst, Daytona etc.). Christian may just be the most hardcore of these friends (I think our group numbers 6-8 or so, most of them also being on ten-tenths), as he is the only one who shows up for the Asian rounds to watch with me, the 11pm-5am race time doesn't allow for the beauty sleep of some of our other members, maybe Christian and I just don't require any beauty sleep.

I'm super excited for Christian to come to Le Mans for a few reasons:

#1: I convinced Christian to come to Circuit of the Americas for the first time last year. My other friend and I had been at the track the day before and his dad and him showed up before we got there on the Friday. When we met I was thrilled at the look in his eyes! It was a look of pure joy and excitement as he was seeing the track for the first time and also seeing the current batch of LMP1 cars in person for the first time (it was his first WEC race in person). So... after seeing this look, and the excitement he displayed throughout that day, I can only begin to imagine the look I will see on his face when he is standing at Le Mans for the first time! I think we will all get a thrill out of that!

#2: He is bringing his dad with him. Best part of this is that he is being a great son by treating his dad to this entire trip and making it a surprise for him. What a great son! His dad is also a great guy as he always engages me in interesting conversations and is as into the racing as we all are. Plus it helps that whenever his dad is present it means that I'm no longer the oldest member of our group!

#3: Notice the flag next to his username. The international camp will be able to add another nation to its ranks, Puerto Rico. (I honestly don't know how that works though, are they considered a nation of their own, or just a red-headed step child of the United States??? )

#4: He's a smart kid (I'll be 40 next month, he's in his twenties, so he's a kid to me), and extremely knowledgeable when it comes to sports car racing. I think you'll all find him to be a welcome addition to the campsite. Heck, by the end of the week I wouldn't be surprised if you all like him X10 more than me!