View Single Post
Old 7 Mar 2019, 18:21 (Ref:3888953)   #25
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb View Post
re the Lotus, I'm fairly certain it is Mansell, the arrow design on the helmet appears to match up some searches I found.
Ah, I see. The reason I thought that is that I believe Gilles collided with Elio, hence the front wing.

Regarding the aesthetics, svelte those early 80s cars were not, often boxy-looking things, but as all racing cars are functional, that has its own beauty, and that era's cars do have a certain charm of their own.